ABOUT THIS BLOG

I shall post videos, graphs, news stories, and other material there. We shall use some of this material in class, and you may review the rest at your convenience. You will all receive invitations to post to the blog. (Please let me know if you do not get such an invitation.) I encourage you to use the blog in these ways:
To post questions or comments about the readings before we discuss them in class;
To follow up on class discussions with additional comments or questions.
To post relevant news items or videos.

There are only two major limitations: no coarse language, and no derogatory comments about people at the Claremont Colleges.


Search This Blog

Sunday, March 3, 2019

Lindsey Graham (R-SC)

Hello.


My name is Lindsey Graham and I have the great honor of serving as the senior United States Senator
from the great state of South Carolina.


As a young boy, I grew up in the back of my parents’ bar and restaurant, helping where I could and
learning invaluable lessons about hard work and the American dream. I was the first person in my family
to attend college, a great triumph. When I was 21, my parents both tragically died within six months of
one another, forcing me to mature quickly, and I did my best to look after my twelve-year-old sister,
Darline, whom I eventually adopted. Through hard work, the love of God and a wonderful family,
I attended law school and then served my nation in the Air Force. I then worked my way up in politics,
first serving as a South Carolina State Representative for one term, then as a U.S. Representative for four
terms, and in 2002, I ran for U.S. Senate and won, replacing the long-serving, outstanding Senator Strom
Thurman. I have since won two reelection campaigns.
In the Senate, I am known for my military expertise and dedication to the defense of this great nation. I
have worked hard to achieve bipartisan solutions, as I have a strong internal compass guiding me towards
action on right and wrong. I continue to fight for immigration reform, as the crisis at our border is
worsening and the need for a wall continues to get more clear. I have opposed the unethical and inefficient
program of Obamacare from the beginning and will continue to fight for its repeal. It is my honor to serve
on the Senate Judiciary Committee, as I myself went to law school, though I wasn’t the best student.


While I first was cautious of President Trump, I now understand that I had the wrong first impression of
the man, as I have since learned that he is a good friend and a great golfer!


I cannot believe the unethical shams that Democrats have inflicted on the American people in the last year.
I do my best to fight this injustice, and urge my Senate colleagues to examine their behavior before
attending committee meetings. My best friend in the Senate was John McCain, and I deeply mourn his
passing. My new best friend is Brett Kavanaugh, and I even changed my twitter profile picture to include
him in it.


A fun fact about me: I have never sent an email.


Thank you for your time and feel free to donate to my 2020 campaign.

No comments:

Blog Archive