This is a little late for the first round of papers, but here are some additional resources for redistricting:
- (shameless self promotion) the Rose Institute's RedistrictinginAmerica.org has overviews and profiles of every congressional district in every state, along with summaries of each state's redistricting process
- Justin Levitt, a professor at Loyola Law School, has a similar site called All About Redistricting, which also includes frequent updates about court cases in progress
- The Rose Institute has an interactive viewer of California's new lines, old lines, and all the draft plans in between
- Redistricting Partners, a consultancy, has nice .jpeg and PDF maps of California's new districts
- Rick Hasen's Election Law Blog has great coverage of court battles, etc.
- On Twitter:
- @redistrictUS, @rickhasen, @_justinlevitt_, @CiceroAPI, @wedrawthelines, @redistrict, @udrawthelines