- For Tax Day: A Brief History of Taxes
- Beliefs about taxes
- The revenue outlook
- Tax expenditures: Deductions, credits, exemptions
- In the fall, House passes one version, with public option. The Senate, rather than use the House-passed health bill, instead uses an unrelated tax bill (HR 3590) as the shell for its version
- Scott Brown's election prompts a different kind of procedure: passing the Senate version, with agreed-upon changes in the reconciliation bill.
- The final legislation.
- House Leaders contemplate "Deem and Pass," then decide on a direct vote.
- The real Frank Underwood explains:
A rather important problem with the drafting of the bill.
Timeline of legal challenges
The Issue-Attention Cycle