- Great Compromise
- Budget authority
- Committee of the Whole
- Signing statements
- The Johnson Treatment
- Citizens United decision
- Richard Gephardt
Answer two of the following three questions. Each answer should take a paragraph or two (15 points each).
- What does Connelly mean by the "government or opposition" dilemma?
- Explain the distinctions between the authorization process, the appropriations process, and the budget process.
- Who actually writes the bills?
Answer one of the two questions. Your answer should take 2-3 bluebook pages. (30 points)
- Explain the sources of the incumbency advantages in congressional elections. Compare and contrast the advantage in House and Senate elections. If the incumbency advantage is so strong, how did Republicans take control in 201o?
- How could the Senate benefit by removing the possibility of a filibuster? How could it lose?