- Compare and contrast the “Hill style” and “home style” of any current member of Congress. That is, how the "presentation of self" at home either resemble or differ from the member's Washington persona?
- How well would LBJ's Senate leadership style work in 2016? In your answer, consider differences in the composition of the Senate, along with changes in the formal and informal "rules of the game."
- Essays should be typed (12-point), double-spaced, and no more than three pages long. I will not read past the third page.
- Cite your sources. Please use endnotes in the format of Chicago Manual of Style. Endnotes do not count against the page limit. Please do not use footnotes, which take up too much page space.
- Watch your spelling, grammar, diction, and punctuation. Errors will count against you. Return essays to the Sakai dropbox for this class by 11:59 PM, Friday, September 16. Papers will drop one gradepoint for one day’s lateness, a full letter grade after that.